Talk

Advanced search

Good primary schools in wilmslow.

(4 Posts)
DivyaKK Thu 23-May-13 13:26:31

Hello,
We're planning to move to wilmslow soon. Planning to buy a house but not too sure which catchment to look at. Any opinions about Lacey green and Ashdean ? My daughter starts reception next sept 13. Any suggestions/ opinions please😊

Page34 Thu 23-May-13 13:40:51

I'm on a name change anyway, so here goes:

Ashdene is the best state primary in Wilmslow but the old headmaster recently retired so it depends how the new one does. Gorsey Bank is a close second. Lacey Green has a very good Ofsted and lots of people rate it. I don't like the area it's in and wouldn't go there every day or send my child there. Fulshaw St Anne's and Mottram St Andrew (MSA not actually in Wilmslow) are both lovely friendly little schools with a more laid back and warm feeling. Lindow is also small and in a nice area but not as great overall.

All this is my opinion as a long term resident and not including private schools. Other people will have their own opinions.

I hope you have a good move. I have always been very happy round here.

admission Thu 23-May-13 23:01:49

Ashdene, gorsey bank and lacey green are all very popular schools and there will be appeals for this year, so definitely need to think in terms of living near the school if you are thinking about these schools

Jennurmi Thu 22-Oct-15 18:23:44

Hi, I need after school care for 2 boys on a Wednesday, pick up from school till about 6ish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now