Talk

Advanced search

Sorry, another SATS question

(7 Posts)
christinarossetti Wed 22-May-13 16:19:55

Discussing this with a teacher friend this morning, and neither of us are quite sure...

If a child starts at a primary school in Y6 for example, are their SATS results included in the final breakdown of the school's results? When is the cut off point for children's results to be included/not included?

TIA

Feenie Wed 22-May-13 18:25:39

Yes, they are included whatever - there is no cut off point up until the day they sit the tests!

However, from 2012 the performance tables include a separate measure which details what percentage of children were present in school for Years 5 and 6.

Not much use really smile

lljkk Wed 22-May-13 19:22:40

That's weird, I was sure I read different, did the rules change not so long ago?

A nice-but-dim child left DD's school 1 week before SATs, I kind of pitied whichever school she went to.

Feenie Wed 22-May-13 19:25:04

I think we used to be able to remove them from the tables a while ago - you still can if a child is newly arrived with no English.

Catsnotrats Wed 22-May-13 20:24:28

As Feenie said you can't, unless they have arrived in the Uk during year 5 or 6.

christinarossetti Wed 22-May-13 20:48:15

Sorry, I should have been clearer in my OP. I meant children who commence at a school in Y5 or 6 either having never been in school before or having just arrived in the country with no English.

Who makes the decisions about which children do and don't get counted in?

Feenie Wed 22-May-13 21:04:38

In that case you would have to send all the evidence to the DFE. They decide. They would have to start Y6 and have no English. No schooling wouldn't count.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now