Talk

Advanced search

wyborne or dulverton?

(8 Posts)
glub Sat 18-May-13 11:27:25

i'm just starting my research and haven't visited yet, but assuming they both have the required places and are equally far from my house, which one is best and why?

Shattereddreams Sat 18-May-13 20:40:44

What year? There are no spaces in infants at D. Or new to reception?

Dulverton is probably the more popular, might be 11+ related as it's B borough, not G.

Shattereddreams Sat 18-May-13 20:42:43

Wanted to add, they measure distance differently. G as crow flies and B by public highway so factor in the railway line.

glub Sun 19-May-13 12:06:41

nursery and year 1. i used to go to a greenwich primary and did my 11+ with a few others, resulting in a bexley grammar school education. do they not allow that anymore?

ok thanks for that tip about distance. they both appear to be on the same side of the railway line though, the same side i'm hopefully moving to.

no spaces at dulverton though?

Shattereddreams Sun 19-May-13 13:00:52

Of course you can sit 11 plus but if G school, I don't think they sit it at school, whereas B do as part of normal day. But this is years away! grin

So you need to be under a mile for Dulverton. By road. Usually about 0.8m is within.

Nursery places were awarded this week, unlikely you would get one now. And year 1 is full with a waiting list, because I have had a conversation with council about it! They are helpful so give them a call.

That said, I don't expect there are any places at W either, it was a bit of a boom year around here Y1.

glub Sun 19-May-13 14:09:32

oh no that sounds rubbish. right i'll be onto the council first thing monday morning. can't be getting two buses to their old school and back every day :s

by the way i'm sure i did sit my eleven plus at school. but i remember it was only for those who chose to do it. don't know what the others were doing. mine will be doing it though whether they like it or not!

glub Sun 19-May-13 14:18:22

thanks for your help anyway smile

Shattereddreams Sun 19-May-13 15:41:49

I have no idea about W, they might have places. Such a chore calling two diff councils.

Good luck with your move

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now