Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Starting P1 in Scotland: what should they know?

(9 Posts)
SallyfromSA Fri 17-May-13 04:27:57

Hi,

Moving from Australia to Scotland (Glasgow area) 'round August this year. My son will be starting P1. I just want to get a feel for what his new peers will be capable of/what is expected of them.

What do they learn in Nursery?

Not overly concerned. Just wanted a rough idea.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Sally.

LindyHemming Fri 17-May-13 06:21:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Jinty64 Fri 17-May-13 07:18:51

Ds3 (6) is in P2 and wasn't (formally) taught any sounds at nursery (school nursery) but I have noticed this last couple of years there seems to be more emphasis on teaching them.

SallyfromSA Fri 17-May-13 09:41:00

Thank you. Very reassuring. Especially to hear from a teacher, too.

Thanks for pointing me to the Outcomes, too.

Deep breaths. He'll be fine.

LindyHemming Fri 17-May-13 09:44:03

SallyfromSA Fri 17-May-13 10:26:52

Hi Euphemia,

Just sent you a long and rambling message...

So hard to pick an area from here. Husband will be based in Hillington Industrial but not have to go in there every day (will travel elsewhere too.) SO they have said we can stay within a 40 mile radius of Hillington.

I thought we could pick a holiday rental and explore more permanent options from there. But then I found a nice little school near the holiday rental. In Beith...

But will check out East Ren and Bridge of Weir and Eaglesham and Giffnock and all the other places I've had recommended to me.

(I posted a question elsewhere on here somewhere about areas.)

LindyHemming Fri 17-May-13 10:44:22

SallyfromSA Fri 17-May-13 10:54:34

Thanks, hope you're on the mend soon.

CrystalQueen Fri 17-May-13 13:14:51

I'm glad someone asked this, I was wondering myself (and I am Scottish). I think my daughter can do those things!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now