Talk

Advanced search

New primary school in Shortlands

(5 Posts)
cmedjahed Wed 15-May-13 11:53:57

There has been a real shortage of primary places in Shortlands this year and the Harris Federation have proposed a new primary school in Shortlands.
The proposal will open to public consultation in a few weeks but you need to register your interest using this link:
http://www.harrisfederation.org.uk/190/bromley-free-school

lazysheep Thu 16-May-13 15:34:09

thank you for flagging this up! I have registered interest. I live close enough to valley school that in d past years I wouldn't have much problem getting in valley school, but I hear this year d catchment area is 0.2 miles... that is tiny... we need more primary schools! angry medmummy, do you know where d proposed site in shortlands is?

JustOneMoreBite Thu 16-May-13 15:49:08

Interesting, thanks! Too late for DD1 though - we missed out on Valley this year by 0.1 of a mile. Keeping fingers crossed for the waiting list.

Doing a bit of Googling, it looks like Kingswood House on Kingswood Road is being discussed as a possible site?

lazysheep Fri 17-May-13 12:15:16

justonemorebite, how far away do you live? I hear there r people who rent flats near d school for one year to get in the school. I really hope it's just rumor, but if it's true and that is narrowing the catchment area, I don't know how normal people like me have a chance of just wanting to get their kids to the nearest school...sad sad

JustOneMoreBite Fri 17-May-13 12:45:58

Bromley told us that the last place offered was at 0.21 miles this year - we're at 0.32.

They do examine applications carefully to try and weed out the ones who rent temporarily just to get in, but I guess if you were very determined you could get round it. Catchment this year was so small mainly because of the two previous years having bulge classes, so lots of extra siblings this year and only 60 places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now