Talk

Advanced search

The Roche School in Wandsworth

(4 Posts)
Moosecatcher Tue 14-May-13 20:35:53

Can anyone tell me anything about this school please? We have not been allocated a primary school place, except at a school a long way from where we live that I really don't like the look of and a friend of a friends' children went to The Roche and apparently loved it. I can see from their website that children seem to get into the top secondaries, and most people I have asked have heard excellent things about it in terms of the attitude of the teaching and the nurturing atmosphere. I was really impressed when I called them to organise a visit- helpful, friendly- some of the private schools I have called have been downright rude. Would you go here over an average/ rubbish state primary a long way from our house? Would love some feedback on the school.

anothernicemess Fri 17-May-13 14:20:32

Hi Moosecatcher, have you thought about posting your message on Mumsnet Wandsworth? local.mumsnet.com/wandsworth. Might be more people who can help... smile

Teachme Fri 24-May-13 10:30:33

Hi there, I taught at The Roche a few years ago now and only have fond memories of it. What a wonderful place to be a child and enjoy your childhood and make lifelong friends and get a solid education in the process! I miss my time there and the wonderful teaching staff and gorgeous kids and helpful parents. I don't think you would regret having a child at The Roche. Do go in with an open mind and enjoy the eccentricity it offers, kids love it!

sanam2010 Fri 24-May-13 11:58:53

I am only familiar with their nursery schools which are absolutely brilliant. Search the archive for the main school, there are several detailed threads on it from about 2 or 3 years ago on here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now