Talk

Advanced search

The Roche School in Wandsworth

(4 Posts)
Moosecatcher Tue 14-May-13 20:35:53

Can anyone tell me anything about this school please? We have not been allocated a primary school place, except at a school a long way from where we live that I really don't like the look of and a friend of a friends' children went to The Roche and apparently loved it. I can see from their website that children seem to get into the top secondaries, and most people I have asked have heard excellent things about it in terms of the attitude of the teaching and the nurturing atmosphere. I was really impressed when I called them to organise a visit- helpful, friendly- some of the private schools I have called have been downright rude. Would you go here over an average/ rubbish state primary a long way from our house? Would love some feedback on the school.

anothernicemess Fri 17-May-13 14:20:32

Hi Moosecatcher, have you thought about posting your message on Mumsnet Wandsworth? local.mumsnet.com/wandsworth. Might be more people who can help... smile

Teachme Fri 24-May-13 10:30:33

Hi there, I taught at The Roche a few years ago now and only have fond memories of it. What a wonderful place to be a child and enjoy your childhood and make lifelong friends and get a solid education in the process! I miss my time there and the wonderful teaching staff and gorgeous kids and helpful parents. I don't think you would regret having a child at The Roche. Do go in with an open mind and enjoy the eccentricity it offers, kids love it!

sanam2010 Fri 24-May-13 11:58:53

I am only familiar with their nursery schools which are absolutely brilliant. Search the archive for the main school, there are several detailed threads on it from about 2 or 3 years ago on here.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: