Talk

Advanced search

Claude Monet Project - Do any of the London Galleries feature his paintings?

(9 Posts)
mummatotwo Sat 11-May-13 08:26:06

just wondering if I could go and show DD some of Mr Monet's paintings - do any of the london galleries have any examples of his work?

meglet Sat 11-May-13 08:31:06

I'm sure they have a couple in the National Gallery. Me and the DC's always have a quick 20 min visit when we're in London. We double it up with a toilet visit as they have pretty clean ones for central london.

mummatotwo Sat 11-May-13 08:34:09

yes I thought I remember seeing the irises when i visited with College many a year ago

TheCheeseAlarm Sat 11-May-13 08:37:07

The Courtald has a good collection of Impressionist paintings.

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Sat 11-May-13 08:37:08

There are definitely some at the National Gallery which is free admission. There are also some at the Courtauld Gallery at Somerset House. Under 18s are free, adults are £6 or £3 if you go on a Monday. It's a really gorgeous gallery with lots of impressionist works. Plus children love the fountains at Somerset House (take a towel as they can run through them!).

NicholasTeakozy Sat 11-May-13 09:24:21

Tate Modern had loads last time I went there, including a massive version of one of the Waterlilies series which just blows you away with the scale and detail.

Paddlinglikehell Sat 11-May-13 21:16:40

Loads. Check them out

www.nationalgallery.org.uk/artists/claude-oscar-monet

givemeaclue Sun 12-May-13 00:08:39

We used to go to the national to see the Monets as kids. Prob because it was free I now realize!

Mominatrix Sun 12-May-13 07:27:10

If you can, hop on the Eurostar and take her to Paris for the day to go to the Orangerie in front of the Louvre and she will be able to see a series of his Waterlillies which take up entire walls, and give the impression that one has stepped into the painting. Cheap advance tickets are available, and it is very easy to go for just the day.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: