Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Text message from headmaster to praise DC? Is this a new thing?

(8 Posts)
verygentlydoesit Wed 08-May-13 14:39:42

I got a text message from DS' school this week. It said DS had showed headmaster his super written work and that he (headmaster) was very impressed by and proud of his work. It was from the school phone text system which is usually used to communicate things like snow closures, and at the end had the heads name so it reads as if it is from him directly.

It was lovely to read, but also a bit strange- I though it was a joke initially, just because I guess it feels like an unusual way for a head teacher to communicate.

Having thought about it I think it's perhaps a good idea, it is a big school and the head doesn't have time to find and speak to each child's parents every time he is pleased about something.

Does anyone else's DC's school do this. DS is 6 BTW.

scaevola Wed 08-May-13 14:49:51

Not by text, by letter. It's jolly nice - DS got one at Easter for sustained effort all term.

VAVAV00M Wed 08-May-13 16:38:21

We get postcards, from the school mascot and the headmaster with picture on the back of the school in different eras, it was once used as a shelter and soup kitchen it the war did ya know? smilesmilesmile

Don't really like text...

jellysmum77 Wed 08-May-13 16:41:31

Yes we used to send little postcards and notes home and I have heard of other schools sending texts too or the head making a phone call. xx.

Ineedmorepatience Wed 08-May-13 16:49:29

How lovely, I would be well pleased to get a text like thatgrin

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 08-May-13 16:50:14

We get letters home.

DS got one for sustained effort last term too which was lovely smile

mummytime Wed 08-May-13 16:56:00

I've had postcards, letters and phone calls (as well as credits, certificates and stickers which are more "normal" praise).

Chunkykitkatfan Wed 08-May-13 16:57:54

I was doing the ironing one Sunday afternoon and had a phone call from the maths teacher to discuss the progress of DD! I was surprised but pleased as I work 9-5 Mon to Fri and it was a good time to catch me, really informal and helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now