Talk

Advanced search

6yo "wants to improve fitness levels" - really?

(5 Posts)
codswallopandchips Mon 06-May-13 22:00:14

Got the school report in last week, and all was well except there were a couple of points where the teacher talked about 6yo DD wanting to improve her level of fitness.

I'm a bit worried about this - she does three sports classes outside school and plays outside loads, but she's just 6. Where does 'fitness' come into this? I think this must come from the teacher, and I want to say something - should I?

fwiw, she's also quite sturdy, you know, the way that little girls can be... I just don't want her getting body issues. sad

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 07-May-13 08:27:15

Not being flippant but if your 6 year old wants to improve her fitness levels as far as you're concerned she is indeed so doing by taking part in those activities, so that's covered it then.

I wouldn't be surprised if teacher has certain key points she's been encouraged to include in her reports and you may find echoes in your DD's classmates' reports.

I was tall and thin and pale for much of my schooldays compared to classmates so my mother had the same sort of input, don't fret.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Tue 07-May-13 08:35:40

It sounds like a standard thing the teacher comments on. School reports at that age do tend to be a bit cut and paste. Imo.

daftdame Tue 07-May-13 11:53:47

If this is coming from your daughter you could maybe talk to her, with regard to her activities, what she would like to be able to do. You could then discuss how her instructors will be covering this in the classes.

Your daughter may have just picked the word up from hearing others talking and decided it is the 'in' thing to want to improve. She may have told this to the teacher, when she asked for her comments re. the report, as children are often involved in setting their own goals these days.

By the way I also think it sounds as if she is getting enough physical activity. smile

codswallopandchips Tue 07-May-13 21:33:49

Thanks for the reassuring words - I think you're all probably right. I'll not get too worked up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now