Talk

Advanced search

Missed acceptance deadline - 2 May

(13 Posts)
Syke Fri 03-May-13 20:50:18

Oh my goodness, I'm a panicked mother. I sent the primary school acceptance form by post on 2 May itself (for a number of reasons I won't go into now), but this means that Hounslow council won't have received it till today or worse Tuesday after bank holiday. I have tried calling - no reply. And I emailed them, no reply. Has anyone been in this position before? Surely, they won't take my son's name off the school without checking first? Any insights into the whole council procedure would be gratefully received

jellysmum77 Fri 03-May-13 20:53:03

Different authority but my letter said that if they did not receive a reply then my son would remain on the admissions list for the allocated school until they were informed of any alternative arrangements.

Zingy123 Fri 03-May-13 21:02:53

My friend posted hers to the school last year but they never received it. The school called her on the last day to ask if she wanted the place.

Syke Fri 03-May-13 21:08:56

Thanks both, this is easing the sick feeling in my stomach.... Zingy123, when you say 'last day,' do you mean the day of the application deadline? Or a few days before the term started?

prh47bridge Fri 03-May-13 21:16:27

Don't worry. They are not allowed to take the place away yet. They must write to you again giving you a further chance to accept.

Periwinkle007 Fri 03-May-13 21:23:17

ours came with a letter saying in no uncertain terms do not contact them to check if they had received the form, any non received forms will be chased up by them in due course before any places would be reoffered. SO to me that would imply if you sent late/forgot/got lost then they would log them all on the system then chase up those missing with another form and new deadline before they go any further.

last year I was told they didn't even start entering them on the system until a week after the deadline for exactly that reason

Syke Fri 03-May-13 21:42:20

This is all a real relief. Thank you so much all. And lesson definitely learned. Nothing is worth this anguish......!

Zingy123 Fri 03-May-13 21:46:57

Yes the date you had to accept the place by which was 2 weeks after finding out where your child's place was.

Fizzypop001 Sun 05-May-13 16:12:02

what primary school did you get im in hounslow too and would be nice to talk to someone in hounslow i got an offer to butnot in the same situation thankfully did you not read the letter attacted to the offer letter where it said you had to answer before the 2 may but to be honestthink you will be ok cant withdraw offer unless you reject it

Fizzypop001 Sun 05-May-13 16:30:44

you could of gone to the council on the 2 of may and given it in by hand as well it didnt have to be by post

Syke Tue 07-May-13 10:11:06

Hi, Got through to them this morning and they reassured me that they won't take away a child's offer of a place before contacting them first to check they want it. Thank goodness! My son has a place at Grove Park primary

Fizzypop001 Tue 07-May-13 10:48:40

oh thats a good school. my son as a place at chatsworth primary school which is also a good school. you too far from belmont to get in lol. did you get first choice. good to hear everything is ok wouldnt want to lose that school good one

Fizzypop001 Tue 07-May-13 10:55:56

i got first choice good luck with your son starting hope he has a good time at school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now