Talk

Advanced search

Allocated a place for Reception - what now?

(4 Posts)
countingdown Thu 25-Apr-13 16:23:07

Probably a really silly question, and apologies if this has already been posted, but what happens now? We were allocated a place last week (by email) and accepted. Is it now just a case of hearing from the school regarding arrangements for September?

Thanks in advance.

StellaNova Thu 25-Apr-13 16:30:23

Yeah, the school should get in touch, probably with details of a day when the new children can go in and meet the teacher and other children before the start of term.

In our case we had two days when the children went in (for a short time) to practice being left/ meet the teacher/ get familiar with the class etc, this was in July. Then there were also two evenings for parents, one to go through the curriculum/ teaching methods and one for everything else - uniform etc - and any questions.

Also we had numerous forms to fill in and boxes to tick about suncream, allergies, etc and DS had to draw some pictures. They used his pic of himself on his drawer, reading journal etc.

I don't know what other schools are like, only have experience of this one!

countingdown Thu 25-Apr-13 18:06:19

Thank you. Yes, I thought it would just be a case of waiting now until we get a letter with information from the school. I'm guessing we probably won't hear anything until the closing date for accepting places has passed.

GwendolineMaryLacey Thu 25-Apr-13 18:08:31

No, we didn't get any info till about the beginning of June last year. Can't believe it's a year ago. In Sept there will be children at dd1's school who are smaller than her sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now