Talk

Advanced search

Pan London primary school allocations: what time do the results get e-mailed out today?

(55 Posts)
Artichook Wed 17-Apr-13 13:53:50

Does anyone know? The website says evening. I registered with my work e-mail and can't check it from home so am considering staying late at work but not if "evening" means anything before midnight.

Has anyone had an e-mail yet?

Bimblepops Wed 17-Apr-13 13:59:58

Nothing here yet in Waltham Forest. I've heard several people say that the emails come out at 5pm, but that hasn't stopped me checking my email every 30 mins.

Artichook Wed 17-Apr-13 14:14:04

Do all London results come from the central e-admissions site or does each Borough send out its own e-mails? The wait is killing me, I am also refreshing my inbox an indecent amount (much more than every 30 mins Bimble!).

Bimblepops Wed 17-Apr-13 14:24:12

Absolutely no idea!
I'm distracting myself, or at least trying to, by cooking.

swlmum Wed 17-Apr-13 14:26:09

Mine was just after 5pm a couple of years ago but that was when different boroughs had different days...am expecting similar today but who knows?

paneer Wed 17-Apr-13 14:28:38

Last year the emails were supposed to go out 5pm.

I logged into the website at 5pm and got the result. Think the email arrived after 7pm.

This was for London.

Good luck all!

stinkyfluffycat Wed 17-Apr-13 14:31:26

Haringey says offer day is tomorrow (18th), does the rest of London all find out today?

paneer Wed 17-Apr-13 14:33:55

From what I recall, the letters get mailed today so you get them by post tomorrow. (everyone gets them by post even if you did it online).

If you did the application online you get emailed today. Or you can still login online and check before the email which is what I did.

stinkyfluffycat Wed 17-Apr-13 14:53:23

Oh, yes, I've just checked the eadmissions site and it says results 17th! Off to furiously probably fruitlessly refresh now...

Januarymadness Wed 17-Apr-13 15:04:14

i had no idea it was today! will a new box appear on the eadmissions site or am i looking in the wrong place. Ah man we put all our eggs in 1 basket I hope it goes well

stinkyfluffycat Wed 17-Apr-13 15:05:57

I was just about to ask the same question - I may be being thick but I can't see any 'results' type box/button on the site... Is there one or does it just change to a big red flashing result screen once results are out?

paneer Wed 17-Apr-13 15:25:22

What are you seeing when you login? The details of what you submitted?

stinkyfluffycat Wed 17-Apr-13 15:32:30

Yes, 'application details' dates etc, the 'child details' and a list of all the schools...

Artichook Wed 17-Apr-13 15:37:26

That is all I can see as well. I presume it changes at some point (maybe in 84 minutes????).

stinkyfluffycat Wed 17-Apr-13 15:42:14

79 minutes now? I really should go and do something else...

tiggytape Wed 17-Apr-13 15:43:02

I think at some point it changes so that you get a button at the bottom of the screen that says 'view offer'
You click on that and it tells you the outcome but all the other details come by post the next day.
That's what happened for secondary schools (London) at least.

Lovethesea Wed 17-Apr-13 15:51:48

Our list of preference primary schools changed from

1st choice : xyz school (application received)

to

1st choice : xyz school (your child has been offered a place at this school)

Very small difference but noticeable when you've refreshed a million times.

Januarymadness Wed 17-Apr-13 15:55:16

ah congrats! ours havent changed at all hope its not a bad sign

Artichook Wed 17-Apr-13 16:04:07

Love - did that happen to you today or do you mean that is what happened the year you applied?

57 minutes (or 177 if we have to wait to 7pm).

Lovethesea Wed 17-Apr-13 16:07:55

That happened yesterday - Norfolk's online site for PFB's R year!

Guitargirl Wed 17-Apr-13 16:08:32

Two years ago I received an email at 16:03 with the results. It is 16:07 now and still no email!

CockyFox Wed 17-Apr-13 16:24:26

I am not London but am waiting for DDs nursery place email comes at 9pm tonight. I'm so nervous as it is an oversubscribed school that has been fantastic for DS but he starts juniors in Sept ( his place was offered yesterday) so I don't get sibling priority. It is our 'local area' (catchment) school and we only live 0.4 miles away but last years last place went to a sibling so living mext door wouldn't have helped.

Januarymadness Wed 17-Apr-13 16:40:03

I hope everyone gets what they want.

I never realised how infividual circumstances varied until I was here. I thought all these threads were by women who wanted dc to get into outstanding schools miles away. But it isn't like that. The school we want is on ofsted par, or maybe even below the 2 nearer schools. Those schools just arent right for our dd. Dd has been referred to SALT and I suspect we are edging closer to a HFA or Aspie diagnosis. Anf the specifics of the nearer schools means she will certainly be unhappy.

ChippyMinton Wed 17-Apr-13 16:45:07

Well, if it helps, the secondary allocations went live at 5pm. The emails took longer as they get sent out in batches, I think. I'd accepted the place before I'd received the email, at about 8pm.

Januarymadness Wed 17-Apr-13 16:50:17

Thank you it does help. Poss 11 mins!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now