Talk

Advanced search

reception ds kicked whilst using the toilets

(11 Posts)
kickedatschool Mon 15-Apr-13 22:41:15

what would you expect to happen and who would you expect to deal with it?

I am not sure what is reasonable and I need help to compose an email.

Euphemia Mon 15-Apr-13 22:46:52

What does he say happened? Who kicked him? Who did he tell? What did they do?

AuntieStella Mon 15-Apr-13 22:48:42

I would ask the form teacher exactly what happened and how it's being dealt with. And better in person (followed up by email if there are still points of concern. Or is it impossible for you to get there?

Even reliable DC can inadvertently give an incomplete account of events (or, as discipline of one child may not be readily visible to others, may not have the full picture) so best to start with enquiry.

5318008 Mon 15-Apr-13 22:51:36

Yes do ask class teacher what happened; bear in mind that you will prob not be told the punishment/sanction handed out to the other child

Agree better in person if poss

5318008 Mon 15-Apr-13 22:54:55

ANyway, to answer your q

If your kid was kicked I would expect the class teacher to comfort and reassure your child, issue a reprimand to the kicker

It does strike me that my kid often didn't think to tell teacher of an incident at school but recounted, dolefully, at the supper table, later in the day! grrr

kickedatschool Mon 15-Apr-13 23:46:01

ds has autism and does not communicate well. the class teacher left at easter. the incident happened before easter. following the after school sports club tonight, ds ws afaid to go to the toilet alone. he will not talk about it further.

it is a bit late to punish the other child really. I am more interested in preventing a further incident.

AuntieStella Mon 15-Apr-13 23:55:38

Oh dear. It sounds as if you do need to go in to talk to the new teacher about DC's needs in the round, mention the legacy of this incident, and discuss what is the best support to help him regain confidence in this specifically and in general.

5318008 Mon 15-Apr-13 23:57:03

Oh sorry, I hadn't realised this happened a while ago

Hmm don't know, then

kickedatschool Tue 16-Apr-13 21:03:39

emailed the head teacher yesterday and the only response I got was to speak to the new teacher... hmm who knew nothing about it...as it was the old teacher

<bangs head on desk>

mrz Tue 16-Apr-13 21:43:42

I imagine the head wants you to inform the new teacher that there was an incident so they can prevent it happening in the future.

TeenAndTween Wed 17-Apr-13 12:27:25

Inform the new teacher what you have said here.
Ask if DS has been going to toilet in school hours alone this term.
Ask for reassurance and support for DS, to be accompanied if necessary or entrance/exit to toilets supervised when he is in there.
Does he have 1-1 support? If so this level of supervision whoule be asy for them to provide.

imo it is too late to resolve the in itial incident, you need to deal with his fears now.

is there any chance he is getting picked on by other children in the class or do you think this was a one off incident that could have happended to anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now