Talk

Advanced search

Moving 3 children to lewes

(3 Posts)
Feathered Thu 11-Apr-13 16:15:22

Hi - just wondered how the process works . . . can anyone help? We're thinking of moving to lewes, sussex and I'd be moving my twins, currently in reception and my son who is in year two. Do we get a choice of where we go or is it just down to postcode? We're in a great school at the moment so we've been very spoilt!

tiggytape Thu 11-Apr-13 19:36:22

You will be asked to tell the council your preferences but the council are limited in the sense that they cannot offer you places in schools where the classes are already full (there is a law limiting infant class size to 30)

If you list a school that has 2 places free in reception and a place free in Year 2 then (assuming there's no waiting list with anyone above you), the council will allocate you those places.

However if you only list schools that are already full, the council cannot give you places at any of those schools and will find you places the nearest school/s with vacancies instead.

Feathered Fri 12-Apr-13 12:30:39

Thank you - that's exactly what I wanted to know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now