Talk

Advanced search

Reception curriculum

(5 Posts)
rrbrigi Wed 03-Apr-13 13:07:15

Hi,

I had a parents evening and it seems my son is on the same stage as he was in October. However I think he improved a lot. But when I look at the paper that I got on the first parent evening in September and the paper that I got on the second parent evening in March he is on the same stage in all areas. I think there are 9 stages for each area in Reception.
Is there any curriculum on the internet that all school need to use and I can find out what these stages mean?
Thanks.

mrz Wed 03-Apr-13 13:42:29

" I think there are 9 stages for each area in Reception." these ELGs were replaced in September 2012

p24 onwards
www.foundationyears.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/2013_eyfs_handbook.pdf

rrbrigi Thu 04-Apr-13 14:15:25

Thanks for this mrz.

Do schools have the same curriculum Year 1 and Year 2 etc...? Is it on the internet?

mrz Thu 04-Apr-13 14:43:10

No Y1 and Y2 ect follow the National Curriculum which is currently under review
Current
www.education.gov.uk/schools/teachingandlearning/curriculum/primary

Draft (2014)
https://media.education.gov.uk/assets/files/pdf/n/national%20curriculum%20consultation%20-%20framework%20document.pdf

rrbrigi Fri 05-Apr-13 10:33:57

Thanks mrz. That is exactly what I wanted. Now I know what should my son know at the end of each year and I know which area he needs help at home. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now