Talk

Advanced search

KS1 attainment levels

(6 Posts)
Sparklymommy Wed 27-Mar-13 18:49:39

My Ds1 has just handed me a letter with his attainment levels but no explanation of what they mean!!! Basically he is level 2 for everything except maths, where have the sub parts are a level 2 and half are level 3. He is in Year 1. Could someone tell me what these mean and where he is comparatively???

Periwinkle007 Wed 27-Mar-13 18:52:44

if he is in year 1 then is it possible it means he has got beyond 1a and is working towards 2 but hasn't reached 2c yet?
I have no real idea, I have no experience of these levels but that is how I would interpret it as a parent

pointythings Wed 27-Mar-13 21:40:41

It doesn't sound like they've presented the information particularly well, but I can confirm that with level 2 (even is they are borderline, but I suspect secure (2b) from what you say) and elements of level 3 in maths, your DS is doing very, very well. Hats off to him. And you.

LegoIsMyFriend Wed 27-Mar-13 22:06:06

And OP you really didn't know that? A 30 second google would show you that level 2s are expected level for year 2s. If your DS is in y1 (which you clearly felt the need to point out) then yes, of course, he is doing well. Well done to him for doing well but really, must we have so many threads with parents seemingly unable to google levels and asking for "help" advising how their DC are doing "comparatively". Rant over. I just think its rather pathetic.

Iamnotminterested Wed 27-Mar-13 22:07:19

Lego - you beat me to it.

christinarossetti Wed 27-Mar-13 22:14:26

Did your ds hand you a letter outside of the context of any parent consultation evening to ask his teacher what the levels mean?

Most schools have a consultation evening about now - if not and the school is giving you information that you don't understand, then it would make sense to ask them about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now