Talk

Advanced search

Buckingham Prep or Reddiford

(10 Posts)
prettymommy Sun 10-Feb-13 22:22:03

Hello All .. First time post.. We live around South harrow region. We are looking for a good prep school in and around Pinner region for reception with high emphasis on acedemics.. Pondering around the forum, we have arrived at either going for Buckingham or Reddiford.. Looking for some help in choosing..
Would be great if i can hear some suggessions please...

mumteacher Mon 11-Feb-13 09:28:48

What's your longer term out look? Then have a look at where the children move on to from these schools and if that's what you want ir your DD.

mumteacher Mon 11-Feb-13 09:29:06

Ir= for

prettymommy Mon 11-Feb-13 09:49:48

Thanks mumteacher.. Not sure if i have got your question right. But in terms of long term outlook, we would want our DS to stay till the 11+ exams whichever of these two he goes and if he does well get into a good private school with a scholarship.

prettymommy Tue 12-Feb-13 08:34:24

Any suggestions??

Hawise Tue 12-Feb-13 09:52:37

I think academically there is not much to choose between them. If you are after a scholarship then you will have to work with him yourself and in all probability consider tutoring in year 5. This area is very competitive, no prep school will prepare a child completely, unless they are brilliant.
I think you need to see what your priorities are and what would suit you.
The biggest difference is that Buckingham prep is all boys, Reddiford is mixed, would this be a factor for you at all?
Buckingham is a smaller school, just one class per year. They do hot dinners. They have an orchestra.
Reddiford has two classes per year, no hot dinners, no orchestra.
You need to compare how much sport they do, swimming etc. Look at the afterschool facilities if that is of importance.
Did you have a better feel about one over the other, same with your son. Just choose the one that you like, better/suited you son more.

prettymommy Tue 12-Feb-13 10:11:56

Thanks Hawsie... for your valuable comments

Izzie74 Tue 30-Sep-14 18:33:39

Go Buckingham Prep all the way

Member659467 Thu 27-Nov-14 12:00:50

Anyone going to Buck prep in Sept 2015 for reception class?

rosa0 Mon 26-Oct-15 11:51:55

Hello Member659467,

Hope your ds has started Buck prep in September.

I'm looking for some feedback on Buck prep and was wondering if you could let me know your initial experience with the school?

many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now