Talk

Advanced search

Classroom assistant interview

(4 Posts)
bubbles9156 Tue 27-Nov-12 22:20:45

Going for an interview at a special needs school. Extremely nervous. Can anyone give me examples of questions they might possibly ask and the type of answers i should give. Thanks

ForkInTheForeheid Tue 27-Nov-12 22:24:28

I don't know which part of the country you're in but I would possible components could be: previous situations (work or not) where things have gone wrong and how you managed it; maybe something on equality/diversity; how you would cope in difficult/violent situations; examples of working in a team successfully. Good luck!

coldcupoftea Tue 27-Nov-12 22:35:05

Have a look at the TES website- there is a Teaching Assistant forum which has a long thread on interview questions, I found it very helpful!

Be prepared for questions on things like safeguarding, how you would help a child who wasn't engaged with the lesson or who was being disruptive. Talking about how you would refer to the school's behaviour policy/safeguarding policy is good.

Good luck!

bubbles9156 Wed 28-Nov-12 07:25:21

Thanks folks.
I do work with a special needs child in a primary school but have been there such a long time. more than 10 years from i had an interview and my own teachers are not a bit helpful. Will check out that TES website!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now