Talk

Advanced search

School Admissions letter if you are going private?

(7 Posts)
ommmward Sat 24-Nov-12 15:14:24

We got the letter from the School Admissions service saying blah blah you need to apply for a school place for little Tinkertop for admission in september 2013.

If we were planning to send the child to a private school, would we just ignore the letter, or write to the admissions people and say "please remove us from your list"?

I just don't know how that works.

roadkillbunny Sat 24-Nov-12 16:37:06

You don't need to do anything and can just ignore the letter although many people who are planning on private also apply for a just invade state place as backup should you not get a private place or finachialy things change. Depending on your personal situation you can choose to do either.

ommmward Sat 24-Nov-12 16:56:23

thankyou! It feels a bit weird not engaging with them at all... don't they chase up and ask why we haven't been in touch?

LIZS Sat 24-Nov-12 16:58:56

ime they don't give a hoot ! You could still apply in case you need a back up then decline at Easter.

diabolo Sat 24-Nov-12 17:49:38

I wrote to our LEA and informed them we were going independent so wouldn't be applying for a place.

ommmward Mon 26-Nov-12 20:05:54

Thank you all for your advice! I feel a bit more confident (though still somehow "naughty") just ignoring the letter

difficultpickle Mon 26-Nov-12 23:34:44

I called our LEA and told them we had made alternative school arrangements. I've never heard from them since.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now