Talk

Advanced search

Canadian based primary school in london?

(5 Posts)
Turuncu Wed 21-Nov-12 18:40:55

Hi,

Does anybody know any Canadian based primary school in London? I am living in Canada and moving to London. I need this information since i want my son to continue his education with a seamless transition.

Thanks

helpyourself Wed 21-Nov-12 18:44:40

I'm pretty sure there isn't one. Can you tell us a little about the system your son is in currently? Age of starting, bilingual and I'm sure you'll get some advice!

madwomanintheattic Wed 21-Nov-12 19:00:21

Why?

T be honest, there isn't much difference. Mine have ping ponged between primary schools in the UK and Alberta quite easily.

Unless he's in French immersion (in which case look for a French school but expect it to be French instead of québécois) I don't think it's too much bother in primary/ elementary/ middle. Really unless you are tracking credits for high school grad I wouldn't bother worrying.

<if it helps, I find the Canadian teaching system frighteningly archaic and death by worksheet, and the teachers far less committed to education>

You can fill on on social at home - it's what the Brits in Canada do to catch up on histories/ geography etc.

Blu Wed 21-Nov-12 19:02:42

If he is in a French speaking school there is a French state primary in Battersea - the Wix school.

dogwood Thu 22-Nov-12 10:06:19

I have an eleven year old Canadian who has been at both an International and British school. Even though he has never been to school in Canada, I do work on Canadian history and geography. I also have my teacher friends from home send me their book lists for his age group.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now