Talk

Advanced search

London pre-prep: when do you find out if you're in?

(3 Posts)
Poppy03 Tue 20-Nov-12 14:23:41

With all these "register at birth" schools in London, how long after you send in the application (if done at birth) do you receive an answer?

sanam2010 Tue 20-Nov-12 14:30:49

There aren't that many "register at birth" schools as people would have you believe really, but if you mean those who follow a first come first served policy, most of these should actually be able to tell you straight away or within a couple of months if you have a definite place or a waiting list place. I found put straight away when I registered that there were places available so I knew straight away, but it could be different at other schools. They should definitely not let you wait long though bc clearly they know if they're full or not.

milkshake3 Tue 20-Nov-12 15:09:25

At one non selective pre prep I know, for entry next Sept into reception, sibling offers are sent out first. There are then a few weeks for those replies to come in and be collated. Then offers are sent to the non sibling families on a first come first served basis. Talk to the Registrar if you want to find out where you are on the list or what their process is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now