Talk

Advanced search

'Lines' as a punishment - Y5

(9 Posts)
ninah Mon 19-Nov-12 18:17:25

I thought this went out with the ark - anyone else get this at school? PE kit 'forgotten' - more likely secreted away at school as child hates PE and actually much preferred the lines.

Feenie Mon 19-Nov-12 18:43:28

Nope - I might give lines to a child missing a playtime.

Forgotten PE kit children get to 'borrow' kit from my cupboard. It's clean in September, but items are in varying degrees of cleanliness after that. grin

ninah Mon 19-Nov-12 19:23:15

Yeah we have the walk of grime too! No, kit's deffo at school - somewhere. Wwyd - ask school to make him search at break? he is so forgetful
If he was going to miss it I'd rather he got in with a project or something.

juniper904 Mon 19-Nov-12 19:30:08

If he was allowed to do a project, wouldn't he always forget his PE kit?

montymum Mon 19-Nov-12 19:30:18

There should be no reason to be doing lines instead of PE. If a child forgot their ruler they wouldn't be allowed to miss Maths so I don't see why PE should be any different. If ours 'forget' theirs then they have to wear spare kit too.

ninah Mon 19-Nov-12 19:37:18

he'd hate doing the project
he liked the lines, though

DeWe Mon 19-Nov-12 19:57:46

Why would he hate the project and like lines?

If you're that bothered then contact the school and tell them he probably hid it and enjoyed the lines. Suggest he does a project on the benefit of exercise instead.

ninah Mon 19-Nov-12 20:04:57

because he is lazy DeWe and lines require no effort
He loves exercise and plays lots of sport - just hates PE, not sure I totally understand why
I am not too bothered, but it made me wonder if lines still featured in modern education

Tiggles Mon 19-Nov-12 20:13:20

Yep, our school give out lines for forgotten swimming kit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now