Talk

Advanced search

reception year homework.

(8 Posts)
Rudolphstolemycarrots Thu 15-Nov-12 23:24:12

how much is your reception aged child given?

Petershadow Thu 15-Nov-12 23:41:37

They get a book every night(story book)
Just begun properly with the reading, so a reading book twice a week.
And they have 4 new sight words to learn every week

rrbrigi Fri 16-Nov-12 10:08:49

They get two reading books, two story books, at least one sheet writing (letters) every week and one weekly homework (e.g.: for this week we needed to recording the sound around us). However I asked the teacher to increase the reading books from 2 to 4 for a week.

learnandsay Fri 16-Nov-12 10:37:59

She gets three really easy phonics readers per week. At parents evening the teacher asked me to work on her writing. She's very sweet, (both my daughter & her teacher.) My daughter can form all of her letters both upper and lower case, though some she finds more difficult than others. But the problem is that the school does cursive writing. My daughter, bless her, does try hard to do cursive script. But it's impossible to read what she's written. I didn't learn to write that way. My joined up writing doesn't look anything like the script they're trying to teach her. The letters have tails at both ends which make some letters, like i unrecognisable. I'm finding it hard. I want to help her but that script makes me feel sick, (literally.)

Meglet Fri 16-Nov-12 10:39:28

Just a couple of reading books a week. But we always practiced work books or handwriting sheets from the internet too.

The real homework started in Y1.

noramum Fri 16-Nov-12 12:56:06

Our Year R gets a book every day (same Idan Y1 until they hit a level where the book is too complex for one sitting) and at Fridays a piece of homework normally related to the topic of the week.

We had, looking for shapes and pattern at home, talk with your family about certain topics and write down one sentence. A small math game or number game like looking for 5 identical items or 5 items which are different in size,

simpson Fri 16-Nov-12 13:30:33

DD gets 2 (jolly phonics ) reading books a week.

A numeracy task ie addition/subtraction sums (5 of each).

Literacy task ie to write sentences using tricky words..

And this week for the first time she has come home with 10 spellings...

Cat98 Fri 16-Nov-12 14:26:21

Ds gets 2 or 3 reading books a week. He has also had a couple of numeracy activities but there was a big note with these stressing that they were not compulsory. He has also had one craft activity.
I think that's plenty but then I do a lot of my own stuff with him at home too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now