Talk

Advanced search

Julia Donaldson Songbirds - follow by Green bananas or blue bananas books

(4 Posts)
londonkids Thu 15-Nov-12 21:25:11

My DS has just read the Julia Donaldson Songbirds series twice and I'm looking for something new to move on to. I like the look of the bananas books as Julia Donaldson has written some. They seem to be split into girl and boy ones on Amazon in the blue bananas series - I just wondered if other people have read them with boys - does it really matter if you get the boy or the girl ones? Also would you start with green bananas or go to the blue bananas ones - on the bananas website it says the standard between green and blue is very different so I wasn't sure if blue bananas would be too advanced for him, he can read Songbirds stage 6 but does need some help. If anyone has any other schemes to try out I'd be interested to see them. He gets read write inc from school but not every day and he's up for reading everyday so trying to find something to fill in the other days with.

simpson Thu 15-Nov-12 21:55:58

DD does like the Frog and Toad books (you can get them on amazon)

I think green bananas are easier and DD liked one called "I win"

The early readers books are good and DD has just read "Chicks just want to have fun" by Francesca Simon.

It might be worth checking out your local library first.

Ispywith Thu 15-Nov-12 23:22:24

We also got frog & toad stories also mouse tales. DD loves them & so do I! I remember reading them as a child

Minimaxkids Fri 16-Nov-12 07:30:33

Blue bananas would be too big a leap.
Lots of words on page compared to songbirds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now