Talk

Advanced search

Good private primary schools near Redhill?

(2 Posts)
Sutherlandgirl Wed 14-Nov-12 20:11:31

Hi

We live just south east of Redhill and have started to look at primary schools for admission September 2014.

We would like to see a few private schools although would prefer a state primary for financial reasons!

Does anyone know which private primary schools round here are worth seeing? I know of The Hawthorns (our nearest), and St Mary's and Micklefield in Reigate.

Also, does anyone know whether the intake to Reigate Grammar is heavily weighted towards private feeder schools?

Thanks!

LIZS Wed 14-Nov-12 20:33:58

There is a significant intake from state schools into RGS at 11+ and that may become more so with the new head who has come from a state grammar. However if your dc hasn't yet started school you may want to be openminded about secondary just yet. St Bedes is currently working towards Academy status which may also change their admissions criteria longer term. tbh I think you may need to get your skates on to secure a space in Reception for 2014 in any of those schools. They all have nurseries attached which feed through and often only a few spaces for extra intake into Reception(dd was one of only 4 new children out of 45). There is also Redehall in Smallfield if very small and I'd be worried about its long term future although it has somehow survived so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now