Talk

Advanced search

What items have your DCs lost so far from start of new school year?

(13 Posts)
MrsAyrtonSenna Wed 14-Nov-12 09:34:03

So far, DD1 - nothing, DD2 one of her gloves from her 'best' hat/scarf/gloves set (which she was told not to wear to school as she would lose something, she assured me she wouldnt, but sure enough she did!) DS1, school library book, water bottle and gloves. So I dont think we are doing too badly up to now for this year compared to previous years, how about you?

mam29 Wed 14-Nov-12 09:36:18

mainly hair accesories. lost one cardigan last term. lost a glove.

but compared to 4cardigans lost last year £12 each not bad I suppose.

Lost property lways overwehlms me has winter coats, shoes ans often wonder how can parents not miss these items

numbum Wed 14-Nov-12 09:37:21

DD (y1) PE shorts, 1 cardigan, 3 gloves and a reading diary.

DS (y3) a raincoat, 1 glove and 1 school shoe. I wasn't amused by a school shoe going missing from the changing rooms!

Fuzzymum1 Wed 14-Nov-12 09:39:32

One waterbottle in a waterbottle bad I made last year - I'm pretty sure it's in the house somewhere though. Other than that, nothing, not even temporarily.

Fuzzymum1 Wed 14-Nov-12 09:39:50

waterbottle bag not bad!

Sparklingbrook Wed 14-Nov-12 09:41:27

Nothing. shock I am amazed.

simpson Wed 14-Nov-12 09:49:48

DS (yr3) his whole PE kit complete with brand new (clarks so £££) plimsoles...

DD (reception) came home with somebody else's jumper on yesterday...

Ineedalife Wed 14-Nov-12 16:43:08

Glassesshock

TA did find them again though.

Water bottle not yet found.

School jumper, turned up a couple of days later.

Numerous other things but she does have SN's so I dont stress about the little thingsgrin

auntevil Wed 14-Nov-12 18:33:41

Between 3, they have lost 2 water bottles, 2 sweatshirts, 1 pair plimsoles, 1 school PE top, several pairs of socks (?) and a pair of trousers!!(long story!)
I dread to think over the years how many full uniforms I have subbed some other families!biscuit

paneer Wed 14-Nov-12 19:48:28

If the stuff is labelled, does it not make its way back?

Or do people keep them and remove the labels?

MrsAyrtonSenna Wed 14-Nov-12 21:18:07

NEWSFLASH!!!! Missing gloves and water bottle have today reappeared!!! So now only missing DD2's glove and DS1's library book. Am expecting to lose track of more stuff once we start on the hat/scarf/gloves weather, but so far, so good in comparison to previous years track record.

auntevil Thu 15-Nov-12 11:31:20

All labelled - except the socks!
The trousers, I actually know which family has them! It was one of those where they were changing back from PE. Child A picked up B's trousers. Child B couldn't find theirs so picked up child C'c etc. The teacher then got inundated with returned trousers. I returned another child's, expecting to at some point get my DS's. The teacher knows who has ours, and has spoken to, and written to the parents. So far there has been no response. This was a couple of weeks into the new term, so I take it that they have no intention of returning them!
Yes, people do cut out labels and keep them. I recognised 1 of my DS's sweatshirts once (he had a mucky glue stain on the underarm that I could not get off). I asked the teacher to check. No label, but a scissor cut where the label would have been.

Mominatrix Thu 15-Nov-12 12:44:34

Loads!

- 1 rugby sock
- 1 swimming jammer
- 3 key fobs
- 1 bicycle lock key (thank goodness I had extras)
- 1 gum shield
- 1 sock x 3
- countless pencils
- 1 ruler

Many more things have been lost temporarily. Pretty much is scatterbrained and forgets about small items. Highly irritating!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now