Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

A question for teachers nc level related.

(4 Posts)
Ineedalife Tue 13-Nov-12 14:42:35

Hi all I need some advice, my Dd3 is in yr5, she has aspergers and sensory processing issues along with poor co ordination and hypermobility.

Maybe none of those things should affect her academically but they all cause her some difficulties from time to tiem in class. She also lacks confidence at school and often needs instructions to be given more than once.

So to the point, she is currently working at a 4c in literacy and her target for July is a 4a or 5c.

Does this seem realistic to you or are they pushing too hard?? I really dont know but feel like she is under pressure.

TIA smile

pudding25 Tue 13-Nov-12 14:48:20

Sounds totally realistic to me (I teach Yr 4). We aim for at least 2 sub-level progress each year. It is better that they aim high for her rather than too low. The teacher should be able to judge throughout the year how she is progressing.

Ineedalife Tue 13-Nov-12 16:33:21

Thanks pudding, tbh I am a bit lost with nc levels. I work in early years and have been focussing on Dd2 doing GCSE's for too long.

I obviously need to do some homeworksmile

EcoLady Tue 13-Nov-12 22:29:19

If she's already 4c in year 5 then she is doing very well. I'm teaching yr6 and have plenty struggling to be secure 4s. :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now