Talk

Advanced search

Why would school not have published its KS2 results?

(7 Posts)
Species8472 Tue 13-Nov-12 10:04:29

The school that we're strongly considering for DD for reception in 2013 have no KS2 results published. Why would this be? Does it just mean that the results are crap or what?? I guess I could ring the school, but don't want to look daft if there's some obvious reason that they're not available, or why they don't have to give them out.

redskyatnight Tue 13-Nov-12 10:15:56

When you say no KS2 results, I presume you mean from this year? I don't think they are generally available until about December time - so it would be down to individual schools whether to (e.g.) put them on their website etc. It would be perfectly reasonable to ring and ask the school, if there is a genuine reason why they can't tell you, I'm sure they will let you know. This is the time of year for schools to have open days, so I'm sure they must be accustomed to being asked.

Species8472 Tue 13-Nov-12 10:28:28

Thanks redsky - they have none at all (on the DoE website, most other schools in my area have them listed fthere for the past few years).

iamspartapuss Tue 13-Nov-12 10:30:11

Is it a really small school? They do not have to publish if fewer than a certain (really small) number have taken the tests. Otherwise I can't think why.

redskyatnight Tue 13-Nov-12 10:51:50

.. or has it recently changed to being an academy/merged with another school? Then you might find the results under the old school name.

lljkk Tue 13-Nov-12 10:56:19

Too small, odd year with too few entrants, newly reorganised.

Species8472 Tue 13-Nov-12 16:33:46

Thanks all. Well, I phoned them; it's because of a recent amalgamation, which I did actually know about (it was originally just an infant school from 4-7, but is now primary up to age 11) so the results for this particular school as an institution are starting from scratch. The office said that someone, possibly the head, will ring me back to shed more light on my request for information. Will make it hard to compare with other schools (some of my nearest primaries have quite poor results). The past Ofsted reports for the infant school rate it as good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now