Talk

Advanced search

Can you name this ORT book?

(16 Posts)
Fluffymonster Tue 06-Nov-12 21:18:37

It's possibly an ORT book - sorry not much to go on.

Something to do with Dad going on a plane to go on holiday to the beach. He was with the youngest child (I think? Not sure). The rest of the family waited for him to come home.

It maybe wasn't Biff, Chip and Kipper's Dad, as she mentioned 'Wilma' and it was apparently Wilma's Dad.

DD was telling me she was reading this at school today, and had read it herself. Some of you may recall that I have been perplexed as to why she keeps being given Stage1/1+ books to read at home, as I think it's too simple for her.

I'm very curious to know which one it was. Can anyone cast some light on possible title/Stage etc?

vodkaanddietirnbru Tue 06-Nov-12 21:47:45

I think it is a ORT book as there are characters called Wilf and Wilma but dont know what stage it would be or the title

BellaVida Tue 06-Nov-12 22:04:22

I don't think Wilf and Wilma are introduced until stage 3? I remember one of mine had an ORT first experiences book called 'On a Plane' but can't remember the level, sorry!

shattereddreams Tue 06-Nov-12 22:06:30

First exp are level 4

madwomanintheattic Tue 06-Nov-12 22:07:18

There's a stage 1 extended ort called 'fun at the beach' but the details are behind the tes login wall, and I can't be arsed to find out if I ever registered.

madwomanintheattic Tue 06-Nov-12 22:08:14

There's also a ks1 (pink) called 'on the beach'.

They are both v early ones though - means nowt to me, but mine skipped up to 5 I think.

Fluffymonster Tue 06-Nov-12 22:20:22

Hmm - from what I can google it does seem like Wilf and Wilma don't appear until Stage3 and beyond, thanks BellaVida!

Seems like some progress has been made, at least. smile

mynaughtylittlesister Tue 06-Nov-12 22:24:37

Wilf and Wilma do go on a holiday to visit Grandparents which involves an aeroplane but I can't for the life of me remember which book it it and what level - definitely not level 1 or 2. Will see if |I can find the book tomorrow at school.

simpson Tue 06-Nov-12 22:36:53

Think I have the first experiences one when they go on a plane, will check....

madwomanintheattic Tue 06-Nov-12 22:41:19

First experiences on a plane is level 4. Looks to be biff and chip, rather than wilf and Wilma, though.

simpson Tue 06-Nov-12 22:41:51

It's not the first experiences one as the whole family go on the plane when they win a holiday to the canary islands...

madwomanintheattic Tue 06-Nov-12 22:42:07

(It's also a 'read at home'. Kudos for your school if they bothered to buy these - have only ever seen them purchased by parents!)

madwomanintheattic Tue 06-Nov-12 22:42:34

Ah, didn't think it could be! X post.

simpson Tue 06-Nov-12 22:52:07

I was lucky I got the whole first experiences ORT books and others and some basic chapter books for her in a big box from a charity shop for a fiver when I was on holiday, I was well chuffed!! Enough to keep DD going for a few months!!

wigglywoowoo Tue 06-Nov-12 23:01:55

I think this is the one that mynaughtylittlesister is referring to.

www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Reading-Tree-Stages-Holiday/dp/0198454066/ref=pd_sim_b_3

If it is the right one, then well done to your dd as its is a stage 6! grin

Fluffymonster Wed 07-Nov-12 00:19:38

Haha wiggly, thank you!

Now I'm intrigued - I may have to quiz dd more about it tomorrow (or I could just ask the teacher).

A jump of 4 Stages from one week to the next seems a tad unbelievable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now