Talk

Advanced search

reading eggs but for maths

(6 Posts)
waitforrose Thu 01-Nov-12 20:57:18

my 4 and 5 yr-olds have done brilliantly on reading eggs.com.

Does anyone have any advice of a good website for maths for Reception to age 7?

good quality website that educates AND entertains like reading eggs?

JellyBelly10 Fri 02-Nov-12 01:35:59

Education City. My DCs' school subscribe to it for use at school and home, so I've always been able to access it at home for free, but I know parents who subscribe to it and are vey happy.

Willsmum79 Fri 02-Nov-12 10:04:53

My school is just beginning reading eggs. We're also starting spellathon and mathletics. (Not sure on spellings!)
I don't have nay more info than that but there was a lot of positive talk from senior management.

messtins Sun 04-Nov-12 14:28:57

Try Komodo maths, my 6 yr old enjoys it. The lessons are just basic exercises, not as many games as reading eggs, but the kids are motivated by working towards belts for their icon and rewards (which you choose and set targets for). The other site that is worth looking at is BBC bitesize which has KS1 games for maths, literacy and science. The easy levels are well within the grasp of a YR child.

mo4gk Wed 07-Nov-12 12:52:44

I will recommend ixl.com any day. It covers the full curriculum from reception class to year 10, and after 18 months on this my 10 year old DS has gone from one of the lowest performers in his class to the top level. All my 4 kids are doing this, and I can't recommend it strongly enough. (I am not working for ixl by the way smile).

Cat98 Wed 07-Nov-12 12:58:48

not sure about websites (other than cool math for kids?) but if you have an iphone or ipad some apps that my reception age (but working ahead) ds loves are "rocket maths" and "math bingo", also "squeebles" both for addition/subtraction and for times tables.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now