Talk

Advanced search

Tracking Problems & Software packages - Question mainly for IndigoBell

(11 Posts)
MuddlingMackem Mon 29-Oct-12 14:21:34

You posted a link a while ago, which I foolishly didn't save. It was for a software package to work on tracking problems costing £20. I've searched posts but can't find the one it was in, please can you post the link again?

It now appears that DD does have tracking problems. I delayed doing anything because a trip to the opticians threw up a focusing problem for which she is now, temporarily we hope, wearing glasses, and I wanted to see if they fixed her problems. They stopped her eyes hurting when she reads, but she is still doing a lot of the things that seem to indicate tracking problems, and it is impacting on her enjoyment of reading and preventing her picking up a book and reading just for fun. That's the main reason I feel I need to do something to at least try and improve things.

So, thanks in advance. smile

mrz Mon 29-Oct-12 14:30:28

I'm afraid Indigo has been banned from MN

LIZS Mon 29-Oct-12 14:33:35

Really , hadn't realised

2011november Mon 29-Oct-12 14:46:00

Indigo gave me loads of great advice including on this software that we have used. How can she be banned?

Is there any campaign to protest at this as I would be very keen to support this if the ban really was just for stating that dyslexia can be cured as has been suggested elsewhere.

mrz Mon 29-Oct-12 14:53:19

I understand MN asked her to refrain from posting her views on dyslexia and she refused and told them to ban her which they did.

MuddlingMackem Mon 29-Oct-12 16:27:54

Oh bum!

Does anyone else have the link, please? I really feel I owe it to DD to try and do something to make things easier for her.

It seems unfair that Indigo has been banned when it seems her advice has actually helped people and yet Masha is allowed to continue to spout her repetitive drivel. hmm

maizieD Mon 29-Oct-12 17:11:33

MM, I've pm'd you with an email address to try.

MuddlingMackem Mon 29-Oct-12 17:29:46

Got it and tried it. Many thanks. smile

Will post if I hear anything back.

PeasandCucumbers Wed 31-Oct-12 21:08:28

IndigoBell pm'd me a site that helps with tracking problems a few months ago, it was www.readingplus.com Don't know if that is the one you are looking for, I haven't used it so can't comment on the usefulness or otherwise of it.

Was just thinking the other day that I hadn't seen a post by Indigo in a long time, can't believe she has been banned, crazy that an interested and helpful contributor to the site should be banned just because some of her thoughts are different to other peoples sad

MuddlingMackem Thu 01-Nov-12 00:10:48

Thanks for that.

No, that's not the one, I don't remember any with prices that high.

What I do remember is a page with a screen grab and an explanation that there were various exercises, say a 'J' on the screen and the child having to hit the space bar or something when they see it. I don't think it was a demo, all I can remember was that the software package cost £20. I'm kicking myself now for not bookmarking it, no idea why I didn't. sad

MuddlingMackem Thu 01-Nov-12 00:15:00

I'm an idiot! The website is the one for the email address Maizie pm-ed me!

Checking it out now.

If I use it, I'll report back on its usefulness. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now