Talk

Advanced search

Project X alternative suggestions please

(4 Posts)
wigglywoowoo Mon 29-Oct-12 11:03:53

DD really loves Project X books and I would like to get her something similar that is non-reading scheme based. She is currently reading purple books. Can anyone suggest a similar series please?

Carpediem2007 Mon 29-Oct-12 22:53:33

Have you looked at the Bug club books?

There are some free Bug Club ebooks in the learning part of MN and we bought a selection of paper copies for DS who needed more variety that the school system.

I told his teacher about it and she looked at them with interest. They have some fiction and non fiction books and are more like real life books, DS is very keen on them (meant to be on level 6/orange but tries higher levels in bug Club as he actually wants to read these books. A very hesitant reader initially he is much keener now).

Project x were often harder than his school ORT when we used those (for same reason, more likely to catch his interest than the ORT).

The reading chest library has loads of different books. We don't use this distance library but it showed me that there were more options around:
www.readingchest.co.uk/

mrz Tue 30-Oct-12 09:58:29

www.lovereading4kids.co.uk/genre/com/Graphic-Novels.html
www.goodreads.com/list/show/5038.Best_Graphic_Novels_for_Children
www.schoollibraryjournal.com/slj/home/891089-312/comic_relief_thirty-nine_graphic_novels.html.csp

mrz Tue 30-Oct-12 10:10:09

project x have just produced Code which is a separate series build around the central story of the Project X team on a rescue mission which requires them to learn the phonic code
some free e books from the series www.oxfordowl.co.uk/Library/Index/?Series=Project%20X%20CODE but they must be read in order

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now