Talk

Advanced search

Catch Up Numeracy

(4 Posts)
mrmump Wed 24-Oct-12 21:49:29

DS aged 9 is working 2 years behind in maths. The school has offered him a place in the "Catch Up Numeracy" programme which apparently is a charity run learning group? Its the first year this course has been run at our school, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience of it?

mameulah Wed 24-Oct-12 22:00:53

I have just looked up the website and I think it looks really good. Another good way for a child to practise their maths skills is on Carole Vorderman's mathsletics website. I think there is a small fee but from what I understand it works out the level the child is at and keeps repeating questions that need improved.

mrmump Wed 24-Oct-12 22:04:30

DS is worried everone wil think he's stupid. The schools jut ben put on special measures so I think thats why they have got the programme. I'm just worried because theres 3 tests throughout the year he'll have to take, and he gets really stressed under pressure. But I agree, the info on the website looks really promising.

mameulah Wed 24-Oct-12 22:06:49

What is it that he is finding difficult? Anything in particular? I may have some ideas to help you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now