Talk

Advanced search

Parent Consultation

(8 Posts)
Northumberlandlass Wed 24-Oct-12 18:04:27

Well....just come back from DS parents evening with his teacher..and

<dum dum dum>

Teacher was lovely, very caring & in the short time she has known him has got to know him very well.

He is progressing well (I have no interest to which table he is on/ which group), she made some constructive comments on how we can help him.

She said that at the beginning of term she knew that some of the boys were calling him fat (he is 9 but the height of a 12 yr old) - she addressed with the boys concerned & DS didn't know. Checking that he was ok now.

I want to say how lucky we are & what a fantastic teacher she is, caring & professional. I couldn't ask for anything more. Just wanted to say a big thank you as it's not said enough on here

NL

clam Wed 24-Oct-12 19:32:10

Thank you so much for posting. So nice to have a "pro" teacher post! smile

Meeknmild Wed 24-Oct-12 19:36:22

Our consultation was just as good! My dd's reception teacher is a real gem. I was told that she was the perfect reception teacher, and boy were those people right!
She goes that extra mile for all her children - so too do her TA's. I cannot praise her highly enough. She has my utmost respect smile

sittinginthesun Wed 24-Oct-12 19:48:52

I can add a positive one toogrin

Ds1 (year 4) is now smiling for the first time in class, and was actually spotted laughing last week (he tells me that he has always been happy, but didn't really get that he was supposed to smile - interesting child, my sonhmm).

DS2 ( year 1) is apparently enthusiastic, delightful, affectionate and a bright boy. He is a bit loud, and gets upset if others don't want to do things according to his amazing ideas, but the teacher said she has no intention of knocking the passion out of him, so will gently encourage more listening.

Spot on for both of mine - the main thing is the teachers have clearly sussed them completely, which is all you need really. grin

Northumberlandlass Thu 25-Oct-12 08:42:03

Pleased to see there are 3 sets of parents happy with their DC's teachers grin

There must be more !!!

N0tinmylife Thu 25-Oct-12 09:20:23

I can make it 4. DS is in Reception, we had parents evening this week, and I am delighted with the school and the teacher. I wouldn't have a clue how to even start to go about teaching a child to read, but in a few weeks I have watched DS go from knowing a few letter sounds, and just about recognising his name, to being able to recognise most letters, and sound out simple words with confidence. He comes home every day singing different songs, and actions he has learned, to help him remember the letters. Even better than that, his teacher has somehow managed to encourage him to sit quietly and listen for more than 5 seconds at a time, which is little short of a miracle! smile

Fuzzymum1 Thu 25-Oct-12 09:38:24

Another happy parent here, very happy. We had parents' evening last night and I was so impressed with how well she 'gets' my DS. She knows his abilities in detail and is really challenging him without putting on too much pressure. We took him with us to parents' evening (I checked it was OK first) and he was glowing with pride afterwards. We walked out of school and the first thing he said was "I really love Miss X". They are such a good 'fit' and having worried about him leaving his amazing reception teacher I couldn't be happier now.

Northumberlandlass Thu 25-Oct-12 10:34:34

All lovely to hear! Hope the teachers on MN realise how much they are appreciated

[flowers] to them all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now