Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Impressions of St Paul's Cathedral School in central London

(4 Posts)
anticlea Wed 24-Oct-12 13:09:37

Would love to hear more about this school. What are the leavers' destinations? Is it not particularly academic (that seems to be what previous threads suggest)? What sort of child would it suit? Is it basically a boys' school that accepts girls or is that an unfair assessment?

anticlea Thu 25-Oct-12 20:09:16

bump

matilda73 Fri 26-Oct-12 15:34:56

My brother's two girls go there and it is very academic indeed for a primary. My mum is an ex teacher and we are a fairly academic family, but she has sometimes commented on the amount of homework. I'd say overall its an excellent school that offers lots of sport and music as well as study, with good discipline and a nice atmosphere. It would suit bright, confident kids whose parents are able to be involved in their education (helping out with projects and homework etc) It is selective at 3 and you need to be on the waiting list no later than 1. It is not a boys school, it's 50:50 as far as I'm aware.

sanserif Sat 27-Oct-12 21:50:42

OK, thanks for the info matilda73, good to know. How are they on science, drama and art, do you know? Also, I know it's not a boys' school but I got the impression that girls tended to leave in the later years and go elsewhere and given the focus on the choristors and the fact that they're all boys I thought it might end up being essentially a boys' school with girls in it, iykwim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now