Talk

Advanced search

Making the decision on favourite school or CM?

(5 Posts)
NotAnotherNewNappy Fri 19-Oct-12 16:38:44

We live equidistant to 2 good primary schools. On paper there is not much between them. However, one has a series of welcoming small buildings and a special flair for arts and music. It has a reputation as being "on the rise" and I think my DD would be very happy there.

The other is a big imposing Victorian building. I haven't seen inside yet but I think it might have better sports facilities (DD is sporty. DD's CM (who is very good for both my DDs) does drop offs and picks ups at this school only.

WWYD? Pick the school you prefer in your heart? Or go for the other for the continuity of care?

HappyMummyOfOne Fri 19-Oct-12 16:42:24

School definately. CM could give notice at any point and then you would have neither.

Parisbanana Fri 19-Oct-12 16:50:44

Definitely school

lljkk Fri 19-Oct-12 16:53:13

I had this dilemma for DC1 & chose the school CM went to even though I didn't much like it otherwise.
Which in retrospect was ridiculous!! I'm sure we would have coped, found a way (as it was we moved town so didn't have to worry about it after all).

You need to see the Victorian school before you decide.

scaevola Fri 19-Oct-12 16:55:39

I'd hold off decision making until I'd seen what was inside the Victorian building and got some sort of feel for what the school is actually like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now