Talk

Advanced search

Need help - Shakespeare costumes

(6 Posts)
Aniee Thu 18-Oct-12 13:31:15

Hi All

Please help....

Children came home yesterday with a letter saying that DD who is 8 needs to go to school as a character from The Tempest and DS who is 4 needs to go in as a character from Mid Summer Nights Dream. I have until next week and i am happy to order from the internet. I have just never read or seen either of those two plays.....

Thank you very much xx

grovel Thu 18-Oct-12 14:11:46

Google The Tempest. Look at cast. Google (Images) a couple of characters. You will see loads of examples of costumes. You may be able - with minimal effort - to knock something up yourself.

TessCorpseDissect Thu 18-Oct-12 14:20:57

Puck - one of the main characters in Midsummer Nights Dream is a little goblin/mischievous elf type character. You probably could find something quite easily to put together for that.

Haberdashery Thu 18-Oct-12 14:23:14

The Tempest has Miranda (a young girl, brought up on a lonely island by her magician father) or Ariel for a girl. Ariel is a spirit - think sprite, elf etc. There are some goddesses, too, I think.

Puck from Midsummer Night's Dream would be great for a little boy - it's a cheeky elf-type character.

DeWe Thu 18-Oct-12 14:24:19

Midsummernight's dream easy. He can go as Puck an "mischievous sprite". Put him in green trousers, get a green tshirt and zig zag the edges. You could give him a pixie type hat (think noddy) or he could go as King of the fairies (King Oberan-can't spell it!)-similar idea (perhaps different colours) with a crown and a King's cloak. A Peter pan costume would probably not look too bad as Puck if you want to order it.

Tempest: Either Miranda-stunningly beautiful, long party dress will do. Or Ariel "airy sprite"-she could wear a fairy dress or something "floaty" with wings. Or if she wants to be boyish she could be a sailor.

Aniee Thu 18-Oct-12 14:31:44

Thats great, thank you all so much x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now