Talk

Advanced search

There is a boy at ds's school who hurts children

(3 Posts)
Mintyy Wed 17-Oct-12 12:24:42

This has been going on for five years now and I am beginning to run out of things to say to ds about this child (Yr 4) who displays all sorts of inappropriate behaviours. I wouldn't say he is necessarily a bully because he doesn't seem to pick on one child. But he punches and kicks and knocks kids over and is generally very rough and scary.

The school prides itself on being an inclusive one but I feel they are not doing enough to keep the children who are on the receiving end of these physical attacks safe from harm.

What, if anything, can I do?

Littlefish Wed 17-Oct-12 12:37:06

I think that all you can do is talk to the teacher about concerns about your child's safety and happiness.

Mintyy Wed 17-Oct-12 13:50:02

I guess you are right, thanks for answering. It is definitely affecting him, though. He has been hurt by this boy and is scared of him. A lot of the children are. He is constantly moved in to other classrooms or his parents called to collect him. I just wonder how long it will go on for. It seems wrong that we spend so much time worrying about children being physically hurt by adults but we can't protect them from violent children. This boy's behaviour is extreme and I would have thought he needs some pretty intensive intervention, which our normal primary school seems not to be providing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now