loader

Talk

Advanced search

7+ entrance exam

(4 Posts)
gumsun2011 Sun 14-Oct-12 23:08:13

anyone have any experience of 7+entrance exam

prettydaisies Mon 15-Oct-12 13:18:53

My DD and DS took 7+ exams. They were different because they went to different schools. DD went to the school for the day and did some tests during the course of it - comprehension, writing and maths, I think. She was a bit miffed because I didn't tell her she would have to do tests, just that she was going for the day to see if she liked the school!
DS went on a Saturday morning, so was more aware. Same things, but I think he did VR as well.
It was all rather a long time ago as they're now in Y11 and 12! However, both got in to their respective independent and selective schools from their state primary school.
I guess the actual exam depends on the school.

OwedToAutumn Mon 15-Oct-12 13:31:14

DS sat one for his school last year.

There was a couple of English papers. One was completing the sentence with the most applicable word, IIRC.

There was also mental maths. The question was read out loud and they answered it on paper.

At my DDs' school, there was an additional intake at 7+. This was very competetive, as were the exams for casual places, with about 10 girls for each place, in some cases.

But, as said above, it depends on the school.

gumsun2011 Thu 18-Oct-12 09:42:33

Thank you your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now