Talk

Advanced search

Is there a game available to teach children about safety?

(8 Posts)
BedHog Fri 12-Oct-12 11:10:04

I'm just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of a game for primary aged children to teach them about safety? Something with 'what would you do?' type questions and scenarios such as a stranger asking them to get into a car, a friend 'daring' them to do something dangerous, what to do if they drop something while crossing the road etc. Does such a game exist?

smile

Sparklingbrook Fri 12-Oct-12 11:17:18

The only safety type ones my DC saw are these about road safety. I find the characters a bit spooky though sad.

BedHog Fri 12-Oct-12 11:23:02

Thanks Sparkling - it's a bit 'Nightmare before Christmas' with those spooky characters and voiceover!!

I thought there might be a card or board game available somewhere. I'm sure there used to be one for adults but with 'what would you do if you saw your friend kissing another woman?' type dilemmas, so not really the same! confused

Just wanted a fun way to teach DS how to be a bit more streetwise!

Sparklingbrook Fri 12-Oct-12 15:22:37

Oh I remember that game what was it called? It's going to drive me mad now.....

BedHog Fri 12-Oct-12 17:35:43

I can't remember what it was called either.

Just bumping now the teachers are home from school - maybe someone has come across a game like this......

BlueMoon1084 Fri 12-Oct-12 19:34:27

My sister and I used to play this as children. Is probably difficult to find now. I'd imagine it might be quite dated.

BedHog Fri 12-Oct-12 20:14:27

That's exactly the sort of thing BlueMoon, thanks! I wonder if they made a more modern version now mobile phones, internet etc exist?

slewis80 Fri 19-Oct-12 16:22:24

I know there's a website full of educational children's games and learning resources that I've used many times that might be of use. It's http://www.costcuttersuk.com/ - might be worth a look, hope that helps! smile

Sarah.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now