Talk

Advanced search

Kingston: Fern Hill or Latchmere?

(4 Posts)
StarlightMcKenzie Thu 11-Oct-12 14:35:45

Anyone got any idea. I'm new to the area so don't know about the local gossip etc.

It's for dd, a precocious Sept birthday.

tia

Sneepy Thu 11-Oct-12 18:36:55

I know people at both and they are all vv happy. My dc are at Alexandra which we love, excellent pastoral care and great differentiation. Have you got a house?

eviekingston Thu 11-Oct-12 18:49:51

Be aware that if you are looking for nursery places, Latchmere only has space for siblings (unless you fall into the looked after children/special needs category, in which case you have priority) Fern Hill will probably have spaces in nursery but the catchment area is pretty small. For Reception there are similar catchments, but Latchmere is 4 form entry and FH 2 form entry. Latchmere is very large, has impressive facilities and a varied curriculum, but sometimes feels impersonal and competitive. Fern Hill has a slightly cosier feel, although it too achieves impressive results, sometimes it seems a bit less 'shiny' than Latchmere!

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 11-Oct-12 22:03:19

Thank you. I'm a bit suspicious of 'shiney' schools. I can't be doing with arrogance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now