Talk

Advanced search

Is this bullying ? Really need some help please.

(5 Posts)
Paula3636 Sat 06-Oct-12 14:42:17

My daughter is 9 & always went to school happy, did homework fine. Also the start of the new school year was very good but since 10 days ago everyone got moved and she is sitting next to a girls she never sat next (she is a new girl).

The first day she said, I really don`t like where i sit, I really don`t like this girl, she is mean. I told her to give it some time and it must be hard to be the new girl so get to know her better, she just needs some time.

Things got worse, I could sense it, her moods changed and for the very first time she talked to me with some agression in her voice. I asked her what the matter is and she said the girl next to her keeps disturing her in class, telling her when she works in class she isn`t doing it right & other little mean things. It has going beyond the classroom walls now.

I encouraged my daughter to speak with her teacher, but i know she is too shy. I have made an appointment to go and see her but i am a little worried i am doing to right thing.

Am not sure if she is getting bullied or just constantly disturbed ... It does worry me that she was told by this girl she should be scared of her?

My daughter never had any issues like this. What should i say to the teacher ... I am hoping she will move her, but worried that might not solve things ? Is this just girls being girls ? This is all new to me but i hate seeing my daughter like this. sad

Any advice please ? Thank you!

LadySybildeChocolate Sat 06-Oct-12 14:45:57

It depends upon what 'mean' means, so you need to have a chat to your daughter about what this girl is doing. From what I've read so far, telling your dd that she's not doing her work correctly isn't bullying per se, more meddling to be honest. You could still have a chat to the teacher and ask for your child to move seats though.

Paula3636 Sat 06-Oct-12 15:34:46

I asked her and she says mean as in constantly telling me of. She says I am stupid, doing things wrong and if she tries to do independant reading kicks her under the table. It does sound like more meddling than anything else probably.

cocolepew Sat 06-Oct-12 15:36:35

Yes its bullying. Tell the teacher you want them separated and an eye kept on them.

LadySybildeChocolate Sat 06-Oct-12 15:44:54

Ah, I see. That is bullying, your poor daughter. The other child is trying to damage her self esteem, and that's really not on. Do speak to the teacher and tell her everything that's going on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now