Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone please help with a Brain Builders numberline subtraction homework?

(1 Post)
TheHouseofMirth Sat 06-Oct-12 09:17:27

DS is in Year 3 and has just started Brainbuilders. The first sheet has come home and the maths is to demonstrate through working how to take away. Idea 1 is start at 10 and take away 1 then 2 until you get to 10-10. Idea 2 is show how you would work out a 1 digit take away from a 2 digit number -do three sums to prove the numberline method works. Ideas 3 is the same with a 2 digit number taken away from another 2 digit number.

We have been given no information on number lines at all, though having had a Google I think I understand this. We have been given minimal information on Brainbuilders but it is my understanding that DS is meant to do something creative rather than just doing sums on a number line. Is this correct and if so, what on earth could he do? I know BB is meant to be child-led but DS does need a fair amount of adult help with his homework and to keep him motivated I am also very keen to make this enjoyable for him.

Can anyone please help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now