Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Teachers - the things kids say that kind of make you well up a little bit!

(7 Posts)
FermezLaBouche Wed 03-Oct-12 18:37:24

In a good way, I mean. (Parents' comments welcome too, of course!!)
I did an assembly yesterday - nothing special, bit last minute.
This little year 3 came up to me in the playground today and looked like he wanted to say something but dithered a bit. I smiled a bit and said hello. I totally admit I thought he was going to tell a tale or something (he looked like of one Draco Malfoy's horrid mates - hate self for snap judgement.)

He said "That assembly you did yesterday was the nicest assembly I've ever heard!" I was a bit shocked and thanked him and asked him what he liked. He said "You just got everybody to join in and it and you picked my word." (I was making an acrostic using school's name.) He wasn't AT ALL saying it in a sucky uppy way - he was just SO SWEET! I nearly welled up.

It doesn't sounds like much but it really got to me! I am not a parent (by choice) but guess parenthood is full of these little moments!

blueberryboybait Wed 03-Oct-12 18:41:28

I got called to speak to the teacher at the end of the day today, I was worried DD (4) was in trouble for something. The teacher said that DD had made her cry this morning, I was now really concerned as DD is the model pupil normally. The teacher was teaching them something and had her back turned, writing on the board, she turned around and asked the children if they all understood, DD then led the class in a round of applause and thanked the teacher for making it so easy!

FermezLaBouche Wed 03-Oct-12 18:42:54

Ha! I love it! It's just that kind of thing, isn't it?? smile

LindyHemming Wed 03-Oct-12 18:45:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Waitforit Wed 03-Oct-12 18:50:28

On the last day of term one of my kids who was a real trier but had MLD gave me a present before he walked out the gates for the last time. I gave him a big hug and told him how proud I was of him and how much I'd miss him. A single tear ran down his cheek and he just mumbled something then left. My heart broke in two at that point!

FermezLaBouche Wed 03-Oct-12 18:52:33

Oh I know the feeling, Euphemia. I get that one when I see a diamond of a child who's somehow landed between parents who are... vile, to be frank. And I know how bloody hard that kid is going to have to work to be something more.

FermezLaBouche Wed 03-Oct-12 18:56:34

OHH! sad Waitforit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now