Talk

Advanced search

Ofsted outstanding schools which are modern and nice grounds

(14 Posts)
brightandhapppy Wed 03-Oct-12 14:43:28

How sad and shallow!!! But this is what I am finding myself looking for. I know Ofsted outstanding reports aren't everything but it's a start. And ds is desperate to go to a bright, happy, modern school that is miles away from the old, dark, Victorian school he so hated.

Need it to be in the South. Apart from that, anywhere really.

Any school names to throw at me? Please?? Could be juniors or primary.

tethersend Wed 03-Oct-12 14:46:10

'The South' is quite a broad area!

Anywhere in particular? Can think of a couple in London (although not great on the 'grounds' front, as per nearly all London state schools), but that might not be very helpful. Are you looking to move for a school?

tethersend Wed 03-Oct-12 14:47:33

And I wouldn't rule out those rated 'good' by OFSTED. I say that as a teacher.

Elibean Wed 03-Oct-12 14:50:05

Especially as most of the 'outstanding' schools will lose that status as per this year's OFSTED parameters....

mrsscoob Wed 03-Oct-12 14:54:36

Or it could be good now but get outstanding at its next inspection. My child's school was good when he started and then was inspected when he was in reception and graded outstanding.

I looked around a few schools and got a "feeling" for the one I liked. Don't think you can find a good school in paper.

Elibean Wed 03-Oct-12 15:23:42

Exactly smile

nlondondad Wed 03-Oct-12 15:42:22

Well this is one that is GOING to be modern and have nice grounds...

(and it got "good" under the new framework)

www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/ashmount_school_in_archway_set_to_move_to_romantic_new_site_in_the_woods_1_1549545

CaurnieBred Wed 03-Oct-12 22:22:20

Whitings Hill in Barnet

steppemum Wed 03-Oct-12 22:26:23

Bradon Forest School, pyrton gloucestershire
Farmers School, Fairford gloucestershire

secondaries I assume?

steppemum Wed 03-Oct-12 22:27:01

sorry that is Purton, near cricklade

TuftyFinch Wed 03-Oct-12 22:29:57

Don't be swayed by Ofsted grade. Pick out the bits of report that are important for you/ your DC. Visit the school. Look at their website. Not all schools suit all children. An 'outstanding' school can just mean they are good at ticking all the right boxes. Their pastoral care may be poor.

Biscuitsneeded Wed 03-Oct-12 22:30:47

Milton Road Primary, Cambridge. Very oversubscribed though! But it is everything you ask for... although no school is perfect!

steppemum Wed 03-Oct-12 22:37:58

sorry, just noticed it was primary.

the primary school in purton is in a brand new building, only opened in september, don't know its ofsted, but well recommended, and is next door ti the good secondary!

pinkdelight Thu 04-Oct-12 09:39:14

That's a point. What year is your DS? Because it sounds like he's school age already and the kind of school you describe is pretty likely to be oversubscribed. Not an impossible mission of course, but quite a mission. Can see why you're casting your net wide!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now