Talk

Advanced search

What % of children reach level 2 at end of year 2?

(7 Posts)
diplodocus Wed 03-Oct-12 11:21:03

Just a question of idle curiosity really. We're always being told that "most children" should attain level 2 at the end of year 2, but are there any figures as to what % nationally actually do, and what % get sub-levels a, b and c?

newplan Wed 03-Oct-12 11:23:18

was wondering the same thing.

More importantly, what is normal, and what is 'Mumsnet normal' wink

redskyatnight Wed 03-Oct-12 11:32:12

Results for 2011 are here: www.education.gov.uk/rsgateway/DB/SFR/s001018/index.shtml

81% get Level 4+ in English, 80% in Maths

redskyatnight Wed 03-Oct-12 11:35:56

Sorry - you asked for KS1 (must read the question)

www.education.gov.uk/rsgateway/DB/SFR/s001086/index.shtml

(Getting Level 2+)
Reading - 87%, Writing 83%, S&L 88%, Maths 91%

diplodocus Wed 03-Oct-12 12:05:37

That's very interesting redsky, thankyou very much. I'm quite surprised it's so high. DD's school is well thought of, but I doubt they'll get national average in her year (although year groups are very small so statistics don't mean much on an annual basis). Do they exclude children with SEN from the stats?

tiggytape Wed 03-Oct-12 12:11:04

Virtually no children are excluded from those figures. It is quite rare to be exempted in fact - a child can be 'disapplied' if they cannot access the curriculum at all but that means they have to have a severe level of additonal needs.

diplodocus Wed 03-Oct-12 12:26:19

Thanks, tiggytape - I wouldn't imagine any of the children would come into that category.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now