Talk

Advanced search

Primary School and short days in London

(4 Posts)
expansivegirth Tue 02-Oct-12 21:31:19

Anyone know of a London primary school - and it's probably going to be private - that has a short school day? Perhaps 8.30 - 1.30 or 2.00 as it is so civilly done oe the Continent. Only one I can think of is Steiner, and short days there come at a price (lots of stuff I can't believe in).
Anyone?
I'm talking post Reception. Flexi-school in state primary sadly not an option.

noramum Wed 03-Oct-12 07:19:30

No but if you have one of these I would expect it comes with a "price" of doing work at home.

I am from Germany and while school closes early the children have homework every day, 1 hour at least from their equivalent if Year 1. Writing, reading, Maths and other bits.

also German schools open earlier, from7.45-8am to make good for the afternoon off.

It depends what you expect from shorter days.

PatriciaHolm Wed 03-Oct-12 09:54:26

8.30 -2 pm is 5.5 hours; my children's state school is 8.55-3.15, so 6hours 20 minutes. So only 50 minutes longer than your "short" day!

I've never heard of one, and lived in London for 17 years.

GateGipsy Wed 03-Oct-12 16:41:23

That's pretty much what I was going to say Patricia. My school is 8:55 to 3:15.

Secondary schools seem to finish pretty early - some at least. There's one around here that seems to have a 2:45 finish?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now