Talk

Advanced search

Ofsted parent questionnaires

(11 Posts)
mollysmum82 Tue 02-Oct-12 21:02:06

Does anyone know where to find these? I had a look at some ofsted reports a year ago and they were at the bottom of the report and I found them more useful than the report itself. But more recent one refer to a questionnaire but don't appear to include it, do you know if they're accessible? Many thanks

NickNacks Tue 02-Oct-12 21:05:16

They are usually confidential to the inspector.

admission Tue 02-Oct-12 21:08:00

ofsted now assume that parents will use what is called parentsview to record their view of the school - just google it. In my opinion naive in the extreme to assume that parents will do this and those that do, will not have an axe to grind. Have to have 10 responses to the 12 questions before you can see the responses.

ImaginateMum Wed 03-Oct-12 07:02:47

When did the change happen? Our school was just Ofsted-ed and has nearly 200 responses, but other schools locally done in the last year are below ten. Does this mean their parents didn't respond, or were they still on paper?

admission Wed 03-Oct-12 12:43:22

Any inspection from September 2012 should have been using the parentsview responses, not the old questionnaire.
In fact if the school has any pretensions to being outstanding as a school they have to be seeking opinions from parents and pupils on a regular basis and there are loads of different questionnaires to measure different aspects of school life that can be used.
Some schools have really tried to get parents to put comments (positive hopefully) on parentsview but it is not that well used yet.

Elibean Wed 03-Oct-12 14:52:50

I agree with admission. Utterly daft to think parents will go and seek OFSTED questionnaires online - unless, of course, they have a major axe to grind in which case the results will be skewed hmm

Nearly all the local primaries around me have 'too few to show results', and our school only has a dozen in spite of having asked parents/told parents about it.

ImaginateMum Wed 03-Oct-12 16:11:15

So our school having nearly 200 ParentView responses is good then? They are 99% happy too...

Elibean Wed 03-Oct-12 17:19:13

confused I don't know, ImaginateMum. The local schools are all really good, and well thought of - I certainly don't think a lack of filled in questionnaires means anything negative.

I would guess that 200 filled in means someone - Head or other school person - has done their best to encourage participation and actively sought parental input online!

redwhiteandblueeyedsusan Wed 03-Oct-12 18:13:56

here

ImaginateMum Wed 03-Oct-12 21:05:28

Oh, I didn't mean in terms of the school overall, many of our "not enough comment" local schools are good too. I was just querying whether it would it be seen as a relatively good response, it is a lot lower %age than they have had for paper forms.

BackforGood Thu 04-Oct-12 00:04:45

Well, for comparison, my ds's school (Secondary, 600 in Yrs 7 - 11, + 6th form) has 5 surveys completed on ParentsView (and it went out in a letter there, asking parents to fill it in)
My dd1's school (750 in Yrs 7 - 11 + 6th form) has 4 surveys filled in,
dd2's school (Juniors only 360 pupils) has, I think, 2 filled in.

So yes, I'd say 200 is quite a lot wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now