Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When do they understand being late or on time?

(7 Posts)
Kingcyrolophosarus Wed 26-Sep-12 12:35:00

DS has no concept of it, he is nearly 5
He is learning to tell the time
But does not understand that we have to be somewhere, ie, school at a certain time, and that we need to hurry otherwise we will be late

ontheedgeofwhatever Wed 26-Sep-12 14:28:24

DD probably understood about the start of spring term in year 1

jojane Wed 26-Sep-12 14:32:01

Dd has just turned 4 and started school, she fully understands having to hurry and not be late

anice Wed 26-Sep-12 17:57:02

Mine worked it out very clearly as soon as the teacher spoke sharply to them about it. That was a couple of years ago and they have done everything they can to stop it ever happening again.
If we are late because one child has held us up, the other lets his brother know about it all the way to school.

Beanbagz Wed 26-Sep-12 17:59:44

I know one mum who doesn't understand being late or on time and she must be in her mid 40s!

ShowOfHands Wed 26-Sep-12 18:01:35

DD is 5 and has known for a very long time. She certainly understood in preschool. She can tell the time too which helps. So she not only understands late (and how rude it is), she knows exactly when she needs to be ready by.

My MIL otoh, is 51 and still doesn't get it. grin

Machadaynu Wed 26-Sep-12 18:04:32

The kid used to tell me I was going to be late by checking the clock in the old house, so when she was about 2 and a half. She gets really upset if she thinks we're going to be late, which is no fun when you are in the car and lost and stressed because you think you'll be late too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now