Talk

Advanced search

Maths workbook.

(5 Posts)

Could anyone help please?

DS1 loves his maths and has asked for some workbooks, he likes the abacus books he uses in school and would like something similar. What should I be looking to buy for him?

I'm really not a pushy parent but DS1 is a maths type boy and will happily sit for hours working at the books that he brought home at the end of last year. He is in year 2 and was working at 2C at the end of last academic year if that makes a difference.

juniper904 Wed 26-Sep-12 21:05:04

I like CGP.

You could try this

or this

If he ended year 1 on a 2c, he should be aiming for a 3c by the end of year 2

Thanks Juniper. I'm keen to help him achieve his academic potential because and only because he had expressed interest in doing more maths at home. He had started baking on his own too now! Which is more maths so that's good too! grin (His biscuits he made today were really good!)

Jenny70 Wed 26-Sep-12 22:08:39

Check out this game too:
www.dr-mikes-math-games-for-kids.com/times-table-board-game.html
You need to print the board, some appropriate maths questions, and some specials - go forward, swap places etc etc.

Dr Mike has heaps of maths games - sudoko, magic hexagons, number mazes (have to make a path that adds to a particular number)... etc etc.

Great, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now